Thursday, September 2, 2010

To Dadoo, With Love

Written on 28th August 2010

Today, I return the books Dadoo, my grandpa, my nana borrowed in 2008 from the library he had been a member of for 25 years. Today Dadoo will truly be at peace. Overdue books was never his thing.

Dadoo could read two books at a time.He travelled VT daily till he was well into his 80s. Dadoo could do a lot of things others couldn't. He was undoubtedly the most extraordinary man I've ever met.

I never really could tell him how awesome he was. But I have a feeling that he always knew. After he passed away in February this year, I've been inundated with stories about Dadoo I had never been told before. I just can't stop feeling bad about the fact that I had but 20 years with him.

Wherever you are today Dadoo, I hope they have tons of books for you. The thriller ones. :) Miss you Dad!

7 comments:

vandana said...

That was wonderful,Nish!!thanks..

Karthik Y said...

Awesome post! I never had the chance to know my granddads. :(

Nishtha Kanal said...

thanks karthik :) yeah, that ways i feel blessed to have known all my grandparents for 4 years

MrNarci said...

sweet... :)

Nishtha Kanal said...

thanks man. finally finished writing it. may not be the best piece of literary work but thats what it is :)

Unknown said...

Kookie,
You are actually my daughter, not my neice you know. You also think the way I do:)
Love,
Apu Masi

Nishtha Kanal said...

I know :)